Webmaster for B-52 Association Web Site & Forum
The Association is accepting applications from Members and/or Spouses for a new Webmaster.
The applicant should be internet savvy and have the interest and time to monitor our website activity and keep it current. It is highly desirable that he/she have previous webmaster experience, with basic knowledge of HTML, and have some knowledge of the B-52 in order to be able to answer or appropriately refer questions.
The website was built using Dreamweaver and some Dreamweaver experience is necessary for making changes. The forum is using PHP BB3. This person will be technically supported by Mary Johnson, President of Web Site Helper LLC, who built the website and forum.
Duties would include:
- Work with President and Board in regard to changes to website pages (e.g. updated list of displayed aircraft, reunion info, etc.).
- Receive the "Contact Association" queries and answer when possible, referring others to a knowledgable third party, handle press inquiries, post pertinent news articles on the website, etc.
- Work with the "Forum" manager in screening spam and inappropriate content.
- Act as the Association interface with Web Site Helper, Avectra (our membership database company), Paypal (our payment company), Amazon, and others as necessary.
- Ongoing Website development and improvement.
For that certain candidate with the right technical knowledge and experience, the Association is prepared to offer some compensation and expense reimbursement, exact terms to be discussed confidentially with the individual.
Applications and informal resumes should be submitted via either email or U.S. mail to:
President, B-52 Assn,
W 13518 Meadowview Lane
Nine Mile Falls, WA 99026-9321
Applications to arrive no later than 31 March 2014.